Prayer for Bridal Shower

I threw my sister-in-law a bridal shower this past Sunday. In my planning I searched endlessly for a prayer to be used at a bridal shower or any prayer that could be adapted for a bride-to-be. Google failed me – a rare occurrence – but then I thought to myself, “Why don’t I just write a prayer?” I have a great love for the written word, after all, and when I got married, I wrote some personal blessings for my program. I’ve included the prayer below. Dave’s sister Rachel loved it and several other people commented on it and asked where I found it. I’ve decided to share the prayer/blessing since I couldn’t find anything like it on the Web. Feel free to use and/or tweak it for any bride-to-bes in your life.

Heavenly Father, we thank you for the blessing of family and friends who are here today in celebration of Rachel and Hendre’s upcoming wedding. Be with them now as they prepare their hearts for the gift of marriage, and be with them always as they grow in their unconditional love and face the ups and downs of life together. Protect them physically, mentally and spiritually. Help them to accept one another as they are and leave any changing that needs to be done in your hands. Finally, in your time, please help them to offer the world a tangible symbol of their love and commitment – the gift of children.

We thank you Lord for this meal prepared today. We ask that you give us all grateful hearts, especially during the Christmas season, and make us mindful of the needs of others – in particular those who are lonely and without the love we are celebrating today – through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Enter the Conversation...

28 Responses to “Prayer for Bridal Shower”
  1. Leah says:

Thank you for letting me use this. I just searched “prayer for bridal shower” and found your blog. My cousin is getting married and my mom is asked to do the devotion. She asked me to write the prayer. I just tweaked yours a little. Thanks so much for doing God’s work and sharing it with others.
    Leah

2. Kate says:

Hi, Leah. I didn’t have another way of contacting you, but I am so glad you were able to use/tweak the prayer. I was frustrated that I couldn’t find any prayer to use during a bridal shower. God bless you and your cousin as she prepares for her marriage.

3. Anna says:

Hi Kate. Thank you for preparing such a beautiful, meaningful prayer. I too tweaked it a bit and am using it today at my sister’s shower. I appreciate you sharing it with others….it will give so many people the opportunity to pray for the happiness of many future couples.

4. Anonymous says:

thanks a bunch for the awesome prayer!! with all the time you spend planning the bridal shower, the last thing you really want to do is sit there and think of a prayer especially when time is limited. Thanks so much! this helps me out a bunch

5. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding shower prayer. And, I thank you for letting me “borrow” it today.

6. Anonymous says:

Thank you for allowing me to borrow this prayer for a very joyous occasion…I feel God intended for me to find your blog. You are such a blessing!

7. Anonymous says:

Kate!!! What a wonderful blessing it was to have found your prayer! Your words touched me deeply! Thank you for being such an awesome witness!! It is God working that I found your beautiful prayer! Thank You and God Bless you and your Family today and always! Lisa :-) Bride to be inspired by your prayer!!

8. Anonymous says:

Thank you for your time and the time it takes to create a blog and then to make it useful for people like me. Today I'm searching for a wedding shower prayer and how beautiful is the one you gave from your heart. I just wanted you to know that. God must have answered my own prayer because I won't need to waste time googling anymore. yours was my first hit. Thank you for loving and sharing God. Donna

9. Anonymous says:

Thank you for letting me use this prayer at my brothers bridal shower. I looked up everything on google and yours was the best! so thank you!

10. Christina says:

Thank you so much for this beautifully written prayer. It's perfect and I absolutely love it.
    God Bless!!

11. *carrie* says:

Am grateful to have come across this post through a search for "bridal shower prayer". Thank you for sharing this! It reminds me of prayers from the Book of Common Prayer, and I just tweaked it for use at an upcoming shower.

12. Beth says:

What a beautiful prayer! Thank you for sharing it. I also plan to tweak it a bit for a bridal shower at church tomorrow night.

13. Pattie says:

Thank you so much for your beautiful prayer. I am the godmother of the future bride and had a difficult time writing my thoughts for my god daughter. This is perfect and I plan on using it at her shower. Thanks for sharing it!!!

14. Kate Wicker @ Momopoly says:

I'm so glad this prayer continues to be a blessing. Google and Ye Shall Find…. :)

If you happen to use the prayer in print, I do ask that you cite me as the author.

But, please, keep spreading the love! :-)

15. Karye says:

Thanks for taking the time to write out this prayer and post it, Kate. I was searching the web for a sample prayer to use in training new shower team members at our church and came across your blog. I'd like to copy this for our Shower Committee binder (citing you as the author, of course!). Karye

16. Kate Wicker @ Momopoly says:

Karye, please use! I'm so glad this little prayer is what you were looking for. God bless.

17. Anonymous says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely prayer. I too will be tweaking it to use for a friend's daughter's shower.

18. teresa says:

thank you so very much for making this beautiful prayer…i will be using it at my future daughter-in-laws bridal shower….it’s perfect

19. Mary says:

Thanks so much! I needed a start to create a prayer for a bridal shower I am giving tomorrow. This was perfect!

20. Reba says:

My niece asked me this evening if I would give her the “something blue” for her wedding in October. She is using my Moter’s handkerchief and already has her jewelry. So I decided to see if I could find a prayer to fix up on a small blue sheet of paper and then have laminated so she can tuck it in somewhere tp take to the alter with her. I love this prayer and am honored you share it with us. Thank you, Kate Wicker!

21. Liz says:

Thank you for posting this beautiful prayer. I was searching for prayers to read today at my Godson’s wedding shower today. This is so beautiful and says so much of what I would love to say.

22. rosy l b says:

thank you for sharing this beautiful prayer. I’m gonna use it for the bridal shower of my friend.

23. Anonymous says:

Thank you for this beautiful prayer! I also would like to personalize and use. Blessings to you!

24. Rosie says:

Thank you for sharing this heartful prayer. The words you chose are so moving it was inspired by our Lord. God Bless

25. Lynda says:

Thank you for this wonderful prayer. I am using it at my best friends daughters bridesmaid luncheon. Yours was the first prayer that I saw and I knew I did not need to search further. It is perfect!

26. Eileen says:

Your bridal shower prayer is exactly what I was wanting to say but had brain freeze. My first son will be getting married soon and I need a prayer for the bridal shower and a 5 minute talk for the wedding reception.
    Thanks and I am also very grateful to our good Lord for giving you the gift of writing. May He continue to bless you =)

27. Anonymous says:

Kate thank you for this wonderful prayer. God bless you.

28. Lori says:

Great prayer – using it tomorrow as I was asked to say prayer at Bridal Shower – came right to web for inspiration – you gave it to me – Using most of it – Thanks….