Catherine, another sister in Christ I’ve recently “discovered” in Cyberspace, tagged me. So here are my answers to another edition of “Get to Know Me”:
What I was doing 10 years ago: Scholarly pursuits for some of the time anyway. I was in college and I actually was attending classes (I wasn’t one to skip classes or to stay out all night at bars). I was also dreaming of a career as an actress or a writer. The writing thing stuck. The whole acting gig, not so much, although we’re pretty much a living musical every day around here and both Madeline and I have been known to spontaneously break into song. Baby Rae has started joining along with high-pitched squeals. But I digress… Ten years ago I thought I was pretty wise, but I knew nothing. I still don’t know much, but I like to think the “real world” and parenting have taught me far more than any college course. We’ll see how I’ll feel 10 years from now.
Five things on my To Do List today:
2. Write some fiction instead of working on blogging or a freelance assignment.
3. Call the dentist about a billing mistake.
4. Take a shower.
6. Go on a field trip to the mounted police and then delight in this gorgeous spring weather and have a picnic lunch with the girls.
7. Go to the post office to send a gift for a friend’s child who turns 1 on Monday.
8. Spend some time with the hubby.
9. Read some of my current book selection (A Travel Guide to Heaven by Anthony DeStefano)
11. Pitch a few ideas to a a glossy I’ve written for before. (Wait, I was supposed to not work on any freelance.)
12. Watch Enchanted.
*My to-do lists are notorious for being overly ambitious.
Snacks I enjoy: Anything with peanut butter and/or dark chocolate. Lattes. Cottage cheese when I’m a preggo.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Help those I love.
2. Give to charity.
(I know those answers are cliché and what we’re supposed to say, but I really would want to do both of them.)
3. Write a novel and self-publish it if I couldn’t get an agent.
4. Move into a home with a backyard.
5. Buy a horse and start horseback riding again.
6. Take my whole family – grandparents, uncles, etc. – on a big vacation.
7. Buy a new bra that fits right. (Guess I could do that without having a million buckaroos.)
Three of my bad habits:
1. Venting too much.
3. Picking at my kids. (I’m a gorilla mommy.)
4. Sweating the small stuff.
(Couldn’t narrow it down to three.)
Five places I have lived:
1. McHenry, Illinois
2. Augusta, Georgia
3. Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4. Los Angeles, California (just for a summer)
5. Reggio Emilia, Italy (again, just for a summer)
Five jobs I’ve had:
Five? I’m not even 30 yet and I’ve had almost a dozen jobs.
1. Gap sales associate
3. Aerobics instructor
4. NBC Entertainment Intern
5. Office assistant at the American Red Cross
6. Legal clerk
7. Campaign manager for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
8. Marketing specialist/health writer at an academic medical center
9. Assistant Editor/contributing editor
10. Mom/freelance writer