1. I ate ice cream for dinner on Sunday. It was creamy and chocolate and delicious. Just don’t tell my 3-year-old. (She wasn’t home when I raided the freezer.)
2. I didn’t get out of my pajamas on Monday. I did dress the baby (one point for Mommy!), but Madeline strutted around in a t-shirt and fairy panties all daylong. It was kind of fun, really. She told me so. And definitely relaxing. Of course, being in PJs all day did make me think about how much I miss sleep.
3. I’ve never ordered a pizza over the phone. (I can now do it over the Internet. Yahoo!)
4. Last night I jammed out at a Chicago concert with some air guitar playing, headbanging, and ballad singing. I have an uncle in the band, so there’s my small claim to fame.
5. My tiny, size 5ish feet can smell really bad. I mean, putrid like vinegar or something. Only when I don’t wear socks and have shoes on all day.
6. I am raising girls who pass gas and giggle before saying, “Excuse me.” They also occasionally pull fingers to see if it results in a fart.
7. “Fart” is a part of my vernacular.
8. I’m not afraid of much of anything except rings in toilet bowls (only in my own house), Hillary Clinton, dark chocolate (because I can’t stop eating it), failing, gaining weight (old habits die hard), socialized medicine, never sleeping a full night again, messing up my kids, and staining clothes. Oh, and ordering pizza over the phone. I guess I’m afraid of more than I thought.
9. I’m thinking of taking a hiatus from blogging so I can catch up on sleep.
10. I think about sleep constantly. Ah, sleep. I remember it…vaguely. It’s that thing I used to get in unrestricted amounts, uninterrupted by 1 a.m. trips to the potty (for my 3-year-old who never fails to bang the toilet seat), 3 a.m. trips to the potty (for me), and 5 a.m. hunger pangs (belonging to the baby, not me). Now, when I do have the chance to get any, I find myself tossing and turning, obsessing about the one thing I can’t get enough of: Sleep. What a cruel irony.
11. I think about sleep constantly (even when headbanging at a concert). Did I already say that?
12. I should be sleeping right now.