Congratulations, Rachel and Hendre! We wish we could have been in Greece to eat lots of feta and to celebrate with you. We hope you enjoy married life as much as we have.
Now that you’ve tied the knot, Dave and I will be waiting for you to submit an application for “Old, Married Fart Club” membership once you have met some of the following prerequisites:
1. You have a mortgage.
2. You reproduce.
3. You purchase your dream car (AKA a minivan).
4. Your idea of “adventure” consists of a trip to the grocery store with a nursing baby and a preschooler. It’s crazy fun, let me tell you.
5. Your idea of a “hot date” is an evening of wine-sipping and making it through an entire Netflix selection without one of your children waking up.
6. You’ve learned a thing or two about unconditional love and to not sweat the small stuff – like the fact that your husband leaves piles of scrubs all over the home (your “small stuff” will undoubtedly be different since I hear that Hendre is a neat freak) – and to love him unconditionally because you know that there’s no one out there who’d make you happier. And amazingly, you find your husband loves you unconditionally, too, despite the fact that you are a total Type A freak who can make Monk look laid back. (I’m referring to me, not you.)
7. You find yourself thinking, “Oh my gosh! We’ve been married sooooo long!” and “Oh my gosh! It seems like just yesterday that we were planning our wedding!” at the exact same time.
We love you guys! Here’s to many, many, many happy years together!