What Does the Prayer Really Say recently posted an article from the Telegraph in the UK that shared ten commandments religious (and any blogger, in my opinion) should follow. I thought this was a great list (Danielle Bean’s site brought it to my attention) and one worth reflecting on from time to time.
Ten commandments for bloggers:
1. You shall not put your blog before your integrity.
2. You shall not make an idol of your blog.
3. You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog.
5. Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes.
6. You shall not murder someone else’s honour, reputation or feelings.
7. You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind.
8. You shall not steal another person’s content.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s blog ranking. Be content with your own content.
Read the entire post and the article in its entirety here.